The Fertiliser Association of india (FAi) is a non-profit and non-trading organization representing mainly the fertilizer manufacturers, distributors, importers, equipment manufacturers, research institutes and suppliers of inputs. The Association was established in 1955 with the objective of bringing together all concerned with the production, marketing and use of fertilizers with a view to:
· Assist the industry in improving its operational efficiency;
· Find solutions to the problems faced by the fertilizer industry and agriculture;
· Promote balanced and efficient use of fertilizers;
· encourage use of more and better plant foods and
· Promote consideration and discussion of all issues that contribute to sound agricultural
The indian fertilizer industry is highly complex consisting of plants with varying capacity, technology, vintage and so on. With nearly 1000 members comprising Active, Associate, overseas Associate and Technical and Professional Members, the FAi provides the necessary support for meeting the challenges facing the industry.